Adventures With Our Kids..The Big Things, The Little Things, and Everything In Between!

Adventures With Our Kids..The Big Things, The Little Things, and Everything In Between!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

6 lives left and counting...

FYI: If you have not read "Oh what fun it is to....have an animal," scroll down and read that one FIRST





Well, this poor cat.... I can't even write this without being sad!  Pitty Party for One (with a hand raised)!!!

We took Pumpkin in for his de-claw and neuter about 3 1/2 weeks after the big fiasco at the vet!

Pumpkin did just fine through surgery and we picked him up the next day. We were sent home with pain medication and a bag of newspaper litter.  Pumpkin slept a lot the first 3 days from the pain medication. We were very gentle with him and the kids knew he just had surgery so they were extra gentle as well.

On the fourth night , I  put Miss Lily to bed and started walking out of her room when Pumpkin  came barreling through her doorway with a burst of energy just as I was walking out! I t happened so fast that I couldn't catch myself and I STEPPED ON PUMPKIN'S PAW!!!! OMG ! We went after Pumpkin who headed straight under Lily's bed and would not budge!

The next morning I took Pumpkin back to the vet....THE SAME VET!!! He looked disappointed and I promised that we really do love this cat and I was heartbroken!

We were sent home with another set of pain meds with an anti-inflamitory and some anti-biotic he needed to take for 10 days because his wounds on that paw all opened up again!!! Good Grief!

Before we left, the vet asked me if Chris played golf. I said no. He asked if he hunted or went fishing. I said no again, but said that he traveled a lot with his job. The vet replied back in a semi-joking manner with "good!"

Here is the Pitty Party for One..... I left feeling horrible about Pumpkin's hurt paw AND wondering what exactly he meant AND which one of the MANY ways that comment should be taken!

POOR PUMPKIN! He is probably wishing now that he was still waiting to be rescued. He may have had better luck out there in the big world on his own!

He still runs when he sees us coming because he probably has flashbacks, but as soon as we sit down he jumps right up and curls up in our lap! He is so stinkin sweet. I sure hope his luck changes!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh.my.goodness! Taryn, that is hilarious! Not really, but you sure have a way of turning any situation into one with laughter! Love it! That vet might be giving you a hard time but you know he is loving the bill you are paying him. haha!

    I'm glad the kitty is doing better! He sure is cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete